Starting New Service 

When starting new utility service with Fortville Waterworks, you must first fill out the Utility Service Agreement Form and present us with the following:

  1. A copy of the lease/rental agreement/purchase agreement signature page with your name proving that you are the renter/lessee/purchaser. Renters/lessees signature page must also bear the landlords signature as well. The utility account must be in the name of the person who is renting/leasing the property. .

  2. A valid photo ID

  3. A deposit of $36

  4. Utility Service Agreement form filled out completely

New service will not be granted if the items above are not received by the utility office. If you are submitting the utility service agreement form electronically you will also need to submit the additional items (other than the deposit) to the utility office either by fax at 317-485-4141 or email at Please call prior to faxing or emailing to let us know you are sending the additional information. The deposit of $36 may be made by phone by calling 317-485-4044 or in person at 714 E. Broadway Fortville Indiana 46040.

Coming in to our office to set up new service? Click here for a downloadable New Service Agreement.

Click here for a downloadable Customer Rights and Responsibilities Brochure

Stopping Your Utility Service

Moving and you need to discontinue your service? Click here for a downloadable Request to Discontinue Services Form.